Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Club Space

Matt and I had a fabulous time on Saturday. We saw a Shakespeare in the Park Play: A Midsummers Night Dream, directed by one of my co-workers at the University of Miami. It was so neat! We packed a pic-nic of chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, mixed greens, chocoalte covered strawberries, and we sipped on pinot grigio as we watched King Oberon put a love spell on mortals and the Fairy Queen. It was humorous, witty, and the weather couldn't have been more enjoyable. My new friend Karen came with us too. After the play, we rushed home to get ready to go out. We had a limo pick us up at 11:30 to celebrate a friend's birthday, and we went to a club in downtown Miami called Space. We had VIP passes, so the limo dropped us off at the "special" door, where we entered with no cover, and received free drinks until 1am. We danced the night away on three floors of thunderous dance/hip-hop music, and returned to our apartment to host an after party until 6:30am Sunday morning! I forgot how much I love to dance, although the recovery period is getting tougher, we had such a crazy, fun night!

3 comments:

Jocelyn Edin said...

Wow. That sounds fantastic. I'm envious. So glad you're having sweet, sassy moments like that. Live it up!!!

Anonymous said...

Who fancy pants of you....a limo and all! That sounds like a blast, but I can only imagine how you felt on Sunday. After having a long weekend at the cabin I am very upset how my body doesn't recover after partying :) I'm glad you guys had a great time!!!
Love, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hey lucky butt, just like my b-day huh! A limo, wow! How exciting, I loved reading that book, A Midsummer's Night Dream. Have a good weekend, traveling to Boston and possibly meeting up with mom and dad. I will talk to you before you go, love ya
Bets