
Matt and I had the pleasure of playing host and hostess to Angel and Cheryl Peavler, and Cheryl's friend Debbie. To those of you who may not know Cheryl, she is one of my roomies from college. Angel is Cheryl's mom, and Debbie is a new friend of Cheryl's from Med School at MSU (go green)! They came down to Miami on the 6th, and as soon as they landed we went to a fishing tournament (one that requires Matt to forecast for fish) where we had tickets for free food and drinks. Bacardi was a sponsor so we had our fill of razz and vernors. Although Matt and I are pros at these types of events, it was new to the girls, and I didn't know if they would like the tournament or not, but to my surprise, they enjoyed it! After watching the fish weigh in, watching the good-looking fisherman deboard their boats, we then got to see a real live bikini contest. Where the girls only have decorations covering thier areas, and they are all greased down. I'm pretty sure this was Debbie's favorite part. Later that night we went to the Grove, piled 8 in the good ole bonnie, and had our selves a grand old time at the Sandbar. Throughout thier stay, we took the ladies to an authentic cuban eatery, an italian joint, and a Mexican place. Angel liked the Mexican best, so from now on we are taking any visitors to Taco Rico! Matt took them to the beach for a day, while I worked of course, and they were also able to go clubbing one night and visit the Monkey Jungle, since Cheryl took a lot of anthropology classes at U of M, this was high on her priority list. Matt and I had such a nice time with the girls, Angel is always a riot, and it was like we had always known Debbie. The picture attached is a pre-game shot before we went to the Sandbar. We had to practice fitting 8 in the bonneville. Cheryl is on the left, her mom is peeking out behind her, and Debbie is on Cheryl's left.

2 comments:
That is great that Cheryl came to visit, I didn't realize that she was in Med School!! Sounds/looks like you guys had fun. Love, Melissa
Sounds like you had a great time visiting with Cheryl and the gang!! Kate, did you get your hair cut, because it looks shorter in the pic??? Anyway, miss you tons and can't wait to see you sometime soon!
Post a Comment