![]() |
| Weddings |
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Weddings
Matt and I have had the honor and pleasure to be a part of 3 very special couple's wedding day every weekend in October. The fun started as soon as we got back from Europe, where Matt had to rush up to his cabin in Kalkaska to host a bachelor party for his best friend Glen Lewis. Then the first weekend in October we were guests at Ryan Phinney's wedding at the Bavarian Inn Lodge in Frankenmuth. It was the best food I have ever eaten at a wedding. I was in 4-H with Ryan and Matt went to highschool with him. The second weekend in October we were the host and hostess for my cousin Jesse VanEtten's wedding, and my sister Betsy was a bridesmaid in a gorgeous burnt orange dress. The wedding took place outside at my parent's Lakehouse, and my brother was the officiant, with the best sermon at a wedding yet. It was a beautiful fall day with colored leaves on the water, little wind, fall mums, and a heartshaped, rustic trellace for the couple to stand under. Unfortunately we missed a surprise birthday party for Loren Simons, Lorraine's boyfriend, but I think they managed to have a good time without us (hee, hee). And just this past weekend, Mary Abdallah and Glen Lewis married at the Greek Orthodox Church in Lansing, where Matt was the best man. What a diverse wedding. Mary is Lebanesse and Glen is Irish and Scottish, so all the men in the wedding wore kilts, it was very cool to see two completely different ethnicities mesh in one ceremony, how fantastic. The pics are from all 3 weddings, and this is my first time using Picasaweb service. Hopefully it works smoothly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
YEAAAA!!! Great pics! Again, I had so much fun with all you girls! I miss we don't do it as often!
Love you!!!
(Great wedding on the lake, looks like it turned out really nicely)
Wow! You guys are popular! Looking like hotties as well in the pics :) -Melissa
Your short do is very cute Kate! I'm really hoping I get to see you guys next weekend either tailgating or crashing Jen's b-party with Brit :)
Great pics, Kate! Catching up with you was just wonderful, too. I can't wait to see you again in a week or so. :) Love ya!
Post a Comment