Monday, May 19, 2008
Death to Birth
Thank you to all of you for the many kind words, thoughts, and prayers for our family. Last week was very sad and emotionally draining. Tuesday we had a funeral for a relative of Matt's. Shirley, passed at age 89 and our cousin Brian Upton, from Montana, was a casket bearer. It was wonderful to see him, and spend some quality time with him, although it was under terrible circumstances. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were visitation and funeral services for Grandma. The funeral was so very special and devoted to her and her life, not preachy, churchy stuff. It was one of the nicest services I've been too, she would have been tickled to see so many people making a fuss over her. With the passing of life, came new beginings this week too. My friend Curt Shannon and his lovely wife Cynthia had a baby boy, named Cole, on Tuesday. Friday morning my cousin Amanda had a baby girl, Abigail. That greater power up there is reminding us that with death, a new begining takes place both in the literal sense of new babies, but in the spiritual sense as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hang in there too! Thanks for leaving your kind comment. I am so sorry your grandmother passed. I am sending happy thoughts your way.
Thanks for the tear ;) This was beautifully wrote, Kate!
I love both you and Matt! Take care and I'm sure I'll see you very soon!
Dawn
Post a Comment