Monday, September 01, 2008
The Last Month of Summer
Above are all the pics from this month. I'll explain in chronological order like I always do!
Andrea, Britta, and I drove up to Pentwater together for our annual girl's weekend. Lots of relaxation, lots of emotions, and lots of talking. Andrea is expecting in December, Britta has three children, Rachel is making quite an impressive life for herself in Chicago, and I just bought a house and have my own start up. Our lives are so different, but we need each other now more than ever. We sunbathed on Lake Michigan's shoreline on Friday, and then watched our Junior year Spring Break video in Aculpulco. Saturday we went shopping all day, and Sunday we spent a few hours with Britta's kiddies, Barrett, Lauren, and Raina.
Next up was a whirlwind weekend of a lovely dinner with Jake and Angie on Friday to toast their engagement, Saturday was a bus ride down to Comerica Park to watch the Tigers beat the Orioles and to celebrate Jaime and Jamee's Anniversary, and a belated birthday to Andrew Warner. There was 19 of us that went, and it was way crazy! Sunday Cheryl, and Britta's family came over for a cook out, and lazy day on the lake. It was so nice, and what Matt and I have been wanting to do since we moved in! Monday was the funeral for my Great Aunt Maple, and we had family that came in from Maryland, San Diego, Arizona, and New Mexico. I hate that we only get to see each other when sad things happen, but it was great to visit. The following Tuesday Matt and I had Aunt Jan and Uncle Elmer over to finally show off our new digs, they were proud of us, and in turn it made us feel proud to finally have something of our own!
This year, our family on my side, decided to do a camping trip near South Haven at Van Buren State Park on Lake Michigan. It was my brother Sean's birthday, and we celebrated with funny gag gifts, and crafting our own visors. We had great food cooked over the fire most nights, lounged on Lake Michigan, this time the water was warm and wonderful, and sat by the fire each night talking and laughing. We also played bean bag toss obsessively!
And just this past weekend, I flew to Miami. Oh how I miss it so. I got to eat a Blackened Mahi Mahi sandwhich at Bayside Hut on Key Biscayne, that I had been craving. I visited with my former co-workers, hooked up with my neighbor Professor Andrew Greene, went to South Beach on Lincoln Road to just people watch and soak in the atmosphere, and then Andrew and I ate at the famous Versailles on calle ocho. I was also craving cuban food, so I got my fix. Saturday morning I helped my friend Karen move to her cute little apartment in the Grove, and then we got dressed up for my friend Josie's birthday party that evening. She was adorable, and I miss my friends down there. I'll have to make it a priority to get down there at least once a year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It was nice to see you!
I missed a whole month of you!!!! How can this be!!?? I guess I will see you on Sunday though :)
I miss you!
Love, Dawn
Wow, lots of fun happenings. Isn't life grand? :)
Post a Comment