Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Baby Shower and Babies?

I had such a lovely baby shower on Sunday. It was beautifully done, the food was so yummy, and the company was the best! Jen and Sherrie had the shower outside under the huge tree in the front yard, I got lots of diapers, hooray! And some sweet little clothes for Pea Pod. I think I can officially say that we are ready for the babe (well, clothes-wise). Britta brought her twins, Lauren and Raina, Andrea brought Kaylynn, Maria Remus brought James, and he is sooooo cute, and Kim Magnuson (Brandon Warner's fiancee) brought Miss Peyton, and there were two other pregos there, Heather Spitzley (Wils) and Esther Haviland, tons of fun, I just wish I could have talked to everyone more.

Had a doctor appointment today, I am dilated to 3.75cm. How did this happen? The anticipation is killing me, I know the pain is coming, it's just a matter of time. By the way, I get to have an epidural at 4cm, as long as I am dilating in a timely manner. I have been having a few minor contractions today, especially after the checking of the cervix, this is a nasty feeling of pressure, kind of like they are trying to reach my throat from a place that they shouldn't. The contractions are nothing painful, just kind of weird feelings of pressure, kind of like I have to take a poo or a really bad pee, as well as tightness all over the belly. I'm telling you, I know they are going to get worse, I just have no idea when and what to expect.

Until next time. . . . .

7 comments:

Meg said...

Just when I leave town the excitement heats up! almost 4 cms huh?! I'm sorry you're feeling uncomfortable sis but hang in there! I can't wait to see you again with the new addition! Lots of love from NYC!

britta said...

WOW!! Almost 4 cm!!! What great news, although I bet you are very uncomfortable. The waiting game is so annoying, but it will be over soon. Hang in there! Love you tons!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I missed your shower on Sunday. I will get my gift to you soon! I can't wait to hear that your little one has arrived! Debbie C

Jocelyn Edin said...

I'm holding my breath til the baby comes so he/she better hurry! Yippee!!!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweetie...sounds like you are making great progress. New life is awesome and you'll be wonderful through all the trials getting there....Lots of Love...Aunt Mary Jo

Anonymous said...

Katie babe, Been thinking of you all day! It is close now and love to you three almost!!!! Auntie Jo

Dawn Cooper said...

I cannot wait til you have that baby!!! You're so close now...
So happy you had a nice shower! Next time I hear from you, it's to tell me you popped the pea out of the pod! I love you to bits!
Dawn