Monday, October 09, 2006

The Verdict Is In

We are staying in Miami. After a mentally and emotionally draining week, we are staying put, the Miami office will remain open for another year. We are both happy with this decision. It's like we have been in limbo for 3 months just waiting, we are so glad it's over! Today is our anniversary, and we are finally going to break into that bottle of Red from the wedding, we wanted to open it last year, but we missed out on it. We are spending a quiet evening at home and we are going to cook up something good for dinner and just do nothing since each weekend in October has been packed with traveling. We went to Melbourne the first weekend to check out places to live, but we don't need to worry about that anymore, last weekend we went to Pine Island to visit some friends from highschool, next weekend we are going back to Michigan to celebrate Matt's mom's birthday, and the last weekend in October we are flying to California for Jeremy Blum's wedding. Blum is a college friend of Matt's from U of M. Speaking of U of M, it was sad to watch MSU loose another one to them. At least we had a series win from the Tigers, can't wait to watch them this week!

7 comments:

Jocelyn Edin said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Two years already?! I always think about it when the leaves start to turn as they do now. Your wedding day was so gorgeous.

You'll look back on your time in Miami and appreciate all of your time there. I say live it up! (But we do miss you!)

Anonymous said...

No offense, that sucks... I was so hoping you would be coming home. But that is the way life is. At least everyone here has another year to come visit you in Miami (which now I will start looking again for cheap tickets!) I'm really happy that the stress is finally over for you and Matt and now you can get back to being happy and just living life ;)

I'll be calling to check on you soon (as always, want to hear the gossip behind this decision)! Take care both of you and hopefully there will be time to see you when you fly in.

Love and Miss,
dawn

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Time flies by so fast :) Britta caught me up this past weekend on what was behind the whole "big decisions" and I'm glad that the stress is over for the next year.

Enjoy your time in Miami....Kyle and I know how hard it is to be away from the family (especially after a fun weekend like we just had and then having to drive 6 hrs home). Yet, we both believe it makes us appreciate each other as we grow closer together. Have a nice, relaxing evening and congrats on 2 years! Love, Melissa

Britta said...

Congrats, Kate on your anniversary!! Andrea was over the other night and we were talking about when your anniversary was and yet I missed sending you my best. I'll do better I promise! :) On that note, though, I had a glass of your wedding wine (yup haven't cracked it open 'til then) and it sure was delicious! I hope that the two of you had a nice evening in with each other, also.

I am happy that your decision making is over. It always seems that life is on hold during those times and now you can just relax and enjoy things again. I know we'll be close again in the future. :) I miss you tons and I still need to call and catch up. Talk to you soon!!! Lots of love, Britta

Anonymous said...

Hi sis and and bil, im happy that all the stress is over. I now can begin my vacay to visit you in the spring with your nephew. Anyways, Happy anniversary! luve me, Bets ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Roo and Bil! Doesn't it feel like a massive weight has been lifted off the shoulders of your adorable 5'3 frame? Well, it should. Everything happens for a reason, that's my philosophy on, well, pretty much everything. I guess I won't have to feel bad about being the only sib far away, yet.

Hope your anniversary was amazing beyond belief and congrats on two years! It doesn't seem like it's been that long, Wow. Can't wait to see you in October! Muah! Meg

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate and Matt,
Sorry I missed your aniversary, but I hope you know you were in my thoughts!! I am glad the decision has been made, and you guys can relax a little. It won't be long until you guys get to come back closer, until then enjoy each other and that wonderful city you are in. I think about you guys often, and I hope that I get to see you soon! Hope your aniversary was great!!! Love and miss,
Andrea