Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Family Weekend, and . . . .

This past weekend was the annual get-together on my dad's side of the family. We call it Myers Weekend. It's where all the immediate siblings and their families fly or drive to one location and spend the weekend catching up with each other. This year's spot was Grand Rapids. It used to be that we would eat at a restaurant on Saturday evening, but because our party is getting so big, we rented a banquet room in the hotel. I think it went over well, but we'll see what happens next year when another sibling plans the trip. Anyhow, the kids just keep growing up and getting bigger and more fun to play with, such different personalities. My cousin Melissa's daughter Joselyn is in love with Matt. What little girl isn't though? It seems like every place we go to with little kids, girls especially, just fall all over him. On Sunday morning the family had brunch, and Matt walked in later than the rest of the party, as soon as Joselyn saw him, her face lit up with a big grin, and she ran over to him, when her mom called her back to finish her breakfast, she put her elbows up on the chair, and rested her head in her hands, and just stared at him, when someone got in her view, she would move them out of her way. It was the cutest thing ever! And. . . . I would also like to tell everyone who reads this blog, that my friend Britta had her twins! Lauren and Raina, and I am not sure if that is how you spell the names, but she had them on Friday, 6.6 and 6.7. Holly crap! That's almost 13 pounds in the belly, poor B! They seem to be doing pretty good, and will be returning home from the hospital today. And. . . .Matt and I put an offer on the house today as well. I'll let you know what happens.

3 comments:

Dawn Cooper said...

YEAH! Sounds like fun!

Lori said it was time for Matt to make the jump! I'm glad you two finally are moving ahead with owning your first home. How very exciting!!!

I can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the news!! What an exciting week it's been! Please send my congrats to Britta and Ben!

Patti Maravolo said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to return your question, etc. I just recently updated our blog. Boy was that some work to catch up, but...anyways. I have put my home studio on hold, but am doing location shoots. In other words, outdoors, gardens, at home, etc. Cost is minimal,if you are still interested. Miss you both! Hugs-Patti