Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Parties Galore

I forgot to blog last week about Uncle Elmer's 70th birthday party at cousin Diane's in Oxford. It was a small gathering of friends and family, but Uncle Elmer was definitely pleased and embarrassed to have us celebrate such a milestone. Even his son Brian flew in from Montana for the surprise, which was great to see him and do a bit of catching up. I can't believe he is 70!

This past weekend was my first shower, and we received tons of great presents. Everyone was very respectful of the fact that we are trying to raise baby green, so we didn't get any disposable diapers, and all the presents were organic and eco-friendly! Although, we didn't get any of the diapers we registered for, so I am a bit concerned about that!

We also hit up a surprise anniversary on Saturday for Butch and Joan Schnieder (Brent Smith's Parents) they too were totally surprised, the kids did a great job with a full DJ system, beverages galore, and a wedding cake that replicated the cake they had when they were married. It was all so sweet.

Mother's Day was great, Matt surprised me with a little gift for the mommy to be, we put together an elaborate lunch for my family, and then headed over to Grandma Betty's for Hungry Howie's Subs, boy were they good. Never had them before.

Pregnancy Chit Chat: For those that asked, we do NOT know the sex, we are waiting on that. Sleeping sucks. I'm using a body pillow that Andrea so kindly gave to me, but it's not really working anymore and just the wait of the boobs and belly squishes me to all get out. I find myself waking around 1:30 am, 4:30 am, 6:30 am, and then up for good around 7:30 am. Not the best schedule. Although I do have tons of energy in the morning, I crash around 2:00 pm. I've decided that when the time allows, I will probably go back to my mid afternoon naps. I also saw the doctor yesterday and I only gained 2 lbs. since last month. Ya-hooey! Right on target, and I am now on the 2 week plan where I get to see the doctor every two weeks. Wow!

1 comment:

Abyss said...

I don't know it they have diaper services were you live- but you might look it up. If we had diaper services in Miami I would have used cloth diapers. Because I worked full time and preferred to spend my precious time at home playing rather than washing diapers- I chose to use the seventh generation diapers- they are chlorine free and biodegratable. A good emergency diaper for people who use cloth.
If you are going to breast feed (nothing more green than breast feeding) a great book to read is "The Nursing Mother's Companion". I don't recommend La Leche LEague books. I nursed my girls for 14 months and (as you know) pumped at work FOREVER! If you have any nursing Q&A's I am an email away.
Best- Sidney