Monday, December 03, 2007

November, Came and Went



Thanksgiving was a very small, close-knit celebration this year. Mom and Dad went to NYC to celebrate the holiday with Megan, so the rest of us siblings opted to have it at the Lakehouse for just us kids. We usually go to the big dinner with ALL of the 50 plus family members, but decided against it this year. We really enjoyed the smallness of it. I made the turkey, rolls, and stuffing, and the other siblings each brought a dish. That night Matt and I rented a hotel in Detroit, thanks to Mom Upton, for an early flight out to Jamaica the next day. We had a 4 night, 5 day stay at a resort in Negril. It was pure relaxation, and we enjoyed it so much, that we would like to make an annual trip out of it. We took a day trip up to the hills, and treked through a freshwater river with waterfalls, the pic is of Matt in one of them, and then Matt went cliff jumping too. This past weekend was Jen and Andrew Warner's wedding, I was a matron of honor (one of 3) and it was my first time with this role, I was very nervous for my speech, but it turned out nicely. The reception site was victorian wedding meets lodge, the bride was the exact replica of Bridal Barbie, complete with princess dress, bleach blonde, middle-of-the-back locks, blue eyes, and porcelain skin! Quite a beauty. Sunday we had an early breakfast, than over to the reception site to help with clean-up. Later, we spent a very low-key evening curled up on the couch with Lorraine and Rhonda close by. Now, on to the Christmas Holiday, my absolute favorite!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy you had such a relaxing time in Jamaica....and what fun to do it annually! I'm also impressed w/you cooking a turkey and more for Thanksgiving dinner, I'm not sure I can ever do that :) You looked great at the wedding, I love your short hair, it has always been my favorite style on you! Enjoy the month of December and all the holiday festivities! -Melissa

Jocelyn Edin said...

You forgot to mention pink! How fun. I'm looking forward to more wedding photos from you or Brit. And Jamaica? Too cool.

Abyss said...

You have been a busy girl! How nice to get a nice vacation! Merry Christmas!